Sunday September 20th / Malden Park Windsor Ontario
5:30pm (see details below)
Dust off your passport and join us for an international picnic! Lets enjoy some Canadian snacks while sitting on a hill overlooking the city of Detroit and contemplating all that the city has given us over the past season! Don’t forget your passport!
- 5:30—meet up somewhere in Detroit to arrange carpools (probably on Vinewood). Check the Facebook invite for the most recent info
- 6:30—gather at Shoppers Drug Mart, 1760 Huron Church Road, to purchase zany Canadian snacks (rule: only buy things that aren’t availible in the U.S.)
- 7:30—picnic in Malden Park and watch the sun set on summer.
Late self-arrival option: go directly to Malden Park and follow the signs to the picnic spot (there will be subtle markings)
Sunset at 7:33!
See you there!
Sunday July 12th at the Historic Fort Wayne 12:00pm
Join us for an afternoon romp around Historic Fort Wayne, where we’ll explore the site, indulge in whatever weirdness “Medieval Day” has to offer, play some lawn games, and eat snacks.
Note that admission to the Fort is free, but they do charge $5.00 per car for on-site parking. We’ll be biking from Hubbard Farms at 11:30am, let us know if you’d like to meet up for the ride there, otherwise, X marks the spot on the map below for where we’ll meet at noon.
Don’t forget to bring:
– A snack or beverage
– A picnic blanket
– A lawn game if you have one
1 Rosa Parks Blvd
- A cocktail or refreshing beverage or snack to share
- A picnic blanket or chair
- This picnic location would be perfect for kite flying or lawn games, bring if ya got em!
Wednesday May 20th at 7PM – 8PM
at the Traffic Island at the intersection of I-75 + M8
Join us for an exercise in machine mimicry as we vocalize in the tones and textures of the passing traffic. The chorus will begin at 7:25 and will last for 10 minutes. This is a relaxed exercise we will do together (no singing skills necessary, only a pair of ears and a mouth). The chorus will be preceded by a ten minute silent listening period. Michael Collino will be recording the sounds of the traffic and the sounds of our creation onto magnetic tape.
7:15-7:25 Silent observation
7:25-7:40 Traffic Chorus
Lemonade will be provided.
Approach from the Northwest and use the train bridge to cross the highway (refer to map for help).